Monday, August 13, 2012

Monday's Daydreams!

Book ideas hit me out of nowhere. I'm often working on something, editing, researching or writing and another one starts whispering in my ear. Hello! I hear you sci-fi romance...I don't have time for you right now. Can you come back later? Maybe in a year. I have a ton on my plate at the moment.

The truth is, writers live in their head. For me, writing a book is putting a puzzle together throughout the day. Yes, I'll sit down and bang out 5,000 words, but the plot, the characters, and yes that very important research is often done away from the computer. Don't get me started on what I think about research. It is the most important tool I use when I'm writing. I cringe when writers gloss over a subject and don't do their research.

My research often takes me away. I'd rather talk to someone about medical procedure than try to google it. So much of my work is often spent on the laptop that it's nice to step away and listen to someone else talk about what they do for a living.


~Tatum

2 comments:

Jennifer Denys said...

Very nice post!

Tatum Throne said...

Thank you! :D Love you sweetie!