Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sunday's Farm Report!

The first novel I read and fell in love with was The Night Swimmers by Betsy Byars. I read it over summer vacation between third and fourth grade. I picked it out at the library, and I was immediately hooked on reading. I remember finishing it and being completely sad...as though I was letting something special go. I still feel that way when I finish writing a novel.

It was after The Night Swimmers, that I had to read anything I could get my hands on. I couldn't always get to the library. So, it was what I could find in our house. So, I read Of Mice and Men next. Don't ask me how much I was actually comprehending? A Brave New World was one of my favorites too. It turns out my father was an avid reader. It wasn't long before I was finding all sorts of his adventure books to read in our house. I truly believe he passed his love of reading to me.

Happy Father's Day Dad! I miss you!

No comments: