Friday, June 8, 2012

Fabulous Friday!

The last time I started this post, the phone rang...if you know me, you know that I don't like it when the phone rings. It's like a record scratching for me when I'm trying to work. Don't get me wrong, I love it when my friends call! :o) I love to chat.

So off I went and answered...I spent almost two hours sorting out a mess. Four phone calls (plus 2 emails) later, its still not fixed. The ironic part was that I didn't know there was a mess to fix! Long story short it was regarding medical insurance for my three children with a rare autoimmune disorder. It's never simple...is it?

I was a writer long before my boys were diagnosed with their chronic illnesses, but once they were diagnosed I needed something for me. I needed something other than dealing with their medical issues, which can be a full-time job if I allow it to be. It's easy to lose yourself...

So, I write for them...for all that they will become and are meant to be...I write for me because I am called to...I write because it's an amazing feeling to see my work come to life after all the long hours I put into writing, editing, and re-writing.

My next novel Hot & Humid is due to be released June 26th!