Monday, May 14, 2012

Monday's Daydreams

Story ideas usually begin with what my character does for a living. If I have that framework, the rest falls into place. I've been doing a lot of research on fire fighting and the lives of fire fighters. A good friend of mine suggested that I make my heroine a firefighter. I loved the idea. :o)

So, yesterday when I got home from camp, my Star magazine was waiting for me. I open it up and...Bam! My story hit me. The story idea, plot construction, and love interest wrote itself in less than a minute. Now comes the fun part...I must translate it to paper. I'm in the muddle of a new series I really need to finish writing. It's speaking very loudly to me. So, where does my fire fighting project fall into place? I can't just write one about fire fighting...that would just be a let down. How can I do it all? I need to figure this out.

No comments: